Commonway’s Three Pillars
“The Worst of Times...”
Humanity is in deep trouble…on multiple avenues of destruction. We label this “The Mess”.
Our society is pulling itself apart, facing interlocking crises of unparalleled and almost unimaginable proportions. The divisions separating us – lines of class, caste, color and ideology – are getting wider, with no end in sight. As an ecology, our social life is highly toxic. We have lost our spiritual center. No one person or group can solve our problems; only by learning and practicing inclusivity will we be able to pull together instead of pulling apart.
We must have a clear understanding of our present precarious position, in order to move beyond empty gestures and partial measures – to clear, effective action. (For more on challenges facing us, click here.)
“The Best of Times...”
We stand on the brink of one of the most profound cultural and spiritual shifts in human history. All around the world, people by the millions are actively catalyzing positive change, meeting the challenges of our times with creativity, joy and a deep spiritual reverence. They are acting like their lives have meaning in the world. These turbulent times are calling forth authentic leaders adept at surfing through chaos who are creating a world beyond war and beyond fear: a world that works for all. We encourage all people to walk this path.
100 years from now…
• There are billions of humans living sustainably and at peace on a healthy planet.
• Poverty is a thing of the past. Some have more, some have less, but all have enough.
• Humans resolve all conflicts (external and internal) without war, oppression or violence.
• Human institutions like “governments” and “economies” have been transformed and/or replaced by something much better!
(For more on The Vision, click here.)
To avert disaster, three factors must change:
One or two factors won’t produce the necessary changes. All three, together, will produce a miracle.
Commonway’s goals are to:
1. Maximize the transformation of our consciousness, as quickly and effectively as possible.
2. Catalyze the transformation of our values.
3. Bring our behavior in line with our consciousness and values.